The Swords of Ditto: Mormo’s Curse Updates
Bidds took to twitter today to detail some of the changes the team has made to The Swords of Ditto: Mormo’s Curse. Here is what we can expect to see when the game launches on Switch next week.
Here are some quotes from Bidds:
- Issues such as an unrewarding structure, a lack of variety, and some technical problems have been conquered. The game has been filled in, fleshed out, rebalanced, retuned and rethought.
- Ditto’s overworld is now richer, denser and more focused. There are more things to do and find, and there are four new areas to explore, two of which are chosen for each story.
- Each of the new areas has its own enemies, NPCs and Toys of Legend, such as the Axe, The Book of the Dead, The Shield & The Rock Ring
- The permadeath was originally intended to make players feel like their actions had consequence, but it brought more frustration than anything, so we’ve removed it. You will still die if you are climbing Mormo’s Tower – so you can still fail, just not before you’re ready to. (Don’t worry, masochists, you can still die in Hero Mode)
- Many of the design changes have been focused on making the later game more interesting, as that’s where I feel we were the weakest. A lot of the start will feel familiar as a result, but it will now pull you in more as you play. For example, things now change more significantly in each of the later stories. (The antagonist) Mormo casts one of a few different curses on Ditto if you win (hence the title), including one where you are chased by an indestructible Nemesis everywhere you go.
- Mormo’s Curse also meant a port to GameMaker Studio 2
I missed out on The Swords of Ditto when it was originally released, but it has always peaked my interest. Now that it’s coming to the Switch, with all of these updates, I can’t wait to play it. Look for my coverage on The Swords of Ditto: Mormo’s Curse next week and let us know what you think in the comments below.