As RPG fans, you better believe that we’re excited about what is in store for Switch owners from Square Enix this year. If the rumors end up being true, Final Fantasy 7 could very well be available on the Switch this week, thus I have made preparations in order to make my own run a bit more interesting.
Final Fantasy 7 is no stranger to challenge runs – in fact, they are quite popular even to this day (check out 4-8 Productions on YouTube for some INSANE runs). It is arguably the easiest mainline Final Fantasy game of them all, and the challenge run community set out to greatly extend the life (and possibilities) of the game.
That said, the Switch RPG Final Fantasy 7 Challenge I’ve created is laughable in comparison to many of the more brutal challenges developed over the years, but should still provide a decent increase in difficulty for veterans and general thrill seekers alike. If you do end up taking it on yourself, I’d love for you to use the hashtag #SRPGFF7 in any content you post to Twitter or Facebook that is relevant to the challenge. I’ll gather that information together to showcase and highlight in future articles, depending on participation. Let’s make this a community-driven challenge!
Without further ado, here are the rules:
– No item usage, inside or outside of battle (including sources).
– Level 1 Limit Breaks Only.
– No independent (purple) materia with the exception of the Chocobo Lure.
– No summon (red) materia.
– Each character can only have one of each color of materia equipped at any time – Ex. a single character can’t have both a Restore and a Fire materia equipped at the same time.
– No duplicate materia. If a character is using an All materia, another All materia cannot be used by anyone else unless the first person unequips it.
And that’s it! Again, I hope you join me in this challenge, and be sure to use #SRPGFF7. Good luck!